It may sound strange, but I’m only weeks away from an international tour … of my own country. It’s only really an international tour as it requires me to fly from Canada in order to do it. Either way, I have 7 wonderful weeks back in Australia and am so looking forward to visiting many amazing schools, being involved in various literary festivals and running workshops and mentoring sessions for adult writers and illustrators. I’ll also be sneaking in some writing time and even a bit of a holiday too.
If you’re interested in booking me as a speaker, I still have some days free and will be there from the 14th July through to the final week in August. I’ll mostly be based in Brisbane, but will also be travelling to Toowoomba, the Gold Coast, Melbourne and Mackay. If you’re an aspiring writer or illustrator, I’m also available to be booked as a mentor / editor through the Queensland Writers Centre Writer’s Surgery program (these are face to face appointments, however I have also done several via skype, which work really well too).
If you’d like to catch me, here’s where I’ll be:
- Tues 15th – Fri 18th: Livewire, All Saints Anglican School (Gold Coast)
- Mon 21st: St John Fisher College (Bracken Ridge)
- Tues 22nd: Writer’s Surgery appointments, Queensland Writers Centre
- Thurs 24th – Mon 28th: Melbourne
- Tues 29th: Available for Writer’s Surgery appointments
- Wed 30th & Thurs 31st: Kenmore South State School (Kenmore)
- Fri 1st – Thurs 7th: Mackay
- Sat 9th: Whispers Event, Queensland Writers Centre
- Sun 10th: Illustrating Picture Books Workshop, Queensland Writers Centre
- Mon 11th: Glennie School Literary Festival (Toowoomba)
- Tues 12th / Wed 13th / Fri 15th: Available for Writer’s Surgery appointments
- Thus 14th: Redeemer Lutheran College (Rochedale)
- Sat 16th: Writing Workshop, Write Around Moreton Bay (Bribie Island)
- Mon 18th: Fairholme College (Toowoomba)
- Tues 19th: Redeemer Lutheran College – again! (Rochedale)
- Wed 20th: Assisi Catholic College (Gold Coast)
- Thurs 21st: Ashgrove Literary Festival (Ashgrove)
- Fri 22nd: Strathpine State School (Strathpine)
- Mon 25th: Online Literature Festival, Queensland State Library
In between you’ll likely find me in coffee shops, bookstores, weekend markets, by the river, on the beach and anywhere that houses friends and serves tea.
See you soon, Australia.